Schedule + Information
At Faith Lutheran’s Soccer Camp 2017, children from kindergarten to sixth grade will spend four days learning valuable soccer skills from an experienced coaching staff as well as important lessons from God’s Word. The dates for this year’s camp are Monday, June 19th through Thursday, June 22nd, 2017. Camp runs from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon each day and concludes with a special Soccer Sunday barbecue and festival at church on Sunday, June 25th.
- Dribbling: shielding, one-on-one skills, footwork, turning
- Passing: accuracy and technique, using both feet
- Shooting: power, accuracy and technique with both feet
- Defense: guarding and clearing
- Receiving: proper technique using different parts of the body
- Goal Keeping: proper technique, positioning, strategy
- Conditioning: stretching, warm-up and cool-down exercises
- Teamwork: strategies, awareness, cooperation, group success
All camp sessions emphasize individual ball skills as well as fun games to put those skills into practice and develop teamwork. From fun introductory sessions for the youngest players to more intensive technical and tactical sessions for advanced players, all players are grouped by age and ability to ensure the best balance of fun, challenge, teamwork, and skill development.
A sample day is organized as follows:
- 8:45 - 8:55 Arrive at camp and sign in
- 8:55 - 9:10 Warm-up and introductions
- 9:15 - 9:45 Opening devotion and large group skills demonstration
- 9:45 - 10:15 Small group skills work
- 10:15 - 10:30 Small group games
- 10:30 - 10:50 Snack time
- 10:50 - 11:20 Bible lesson
- 11:20 - 12:00 Scrimmage games
- 12:00 Sign out and pick-up
Drop-off and Pick-up
On the first day of camp, please drop off your child at the registration tent, which will be set up on the edge of the parking lot by the soccer field. You will need to complete a brief registration form. At that time, the registration form will be handed off to your child’s coach and your child will be escorted to their team area. Children will remain with their group leader throughout the course of the day until they are signed back out again. You will sign your child out by proceeding to their group area and presenting a photo ID to the coach and signing the child out. If someone other than a parent/guardian is picking up the child, we must know about it in advance.
Children should be dropped off between 8:45 and 8:55 am and picked up no later than 12:00 pm.
After the first day of camp, please take your child to their group location for sign-in. Your child will likely remember where he or she was the day before and can lead you there. Directions, rosters, and group assignments will be posted at the registration tent to assist you in finding your child’s area.
What to Bring
- Athletic shorts/shirt (after the first day wear camp t-shirts)
- Shin guards
- Soccer shoes (recommended but not required)
- Your favorite soccer ball (make sure your name is written on it). Below fifth grade, size 4 is best. For fifth and sixth grade, size 5.
*There is no need to bring water bottles and snacks. Water and snacks will be provided daily. Air-conditioned facilities are available, and we will make sure all campers are kept as hydrated and cool as possible.
For current weather notices you can always check the weather box found on every page of this website.
In the event of light rainy weather, we will continue to run the camp. The camp participants are invited to keep participating as long as they are comfortable doing so.
In the event of lightning and thunder we will move all camp participants to the gathering area inside the church until they can be picked up by parents or guardians, or until the weather passes and it is deemed safe to play again.
If the weather is uncooperative (all-day downpour or lighting, thunder, etc.) before the day’s camp even begins, we will cancel the day’s activities before children get dropped off.